Monday 19 September 2011

Task 1a: Professional Profile - First Draft

Here is my first draft of my Professional Profile. My aim was to communicate my professional achievements and goals whilst still maintaining a personal quality. As a teacher, I want readers to feel that they have learnt about me as a person as well as a professional, as I feel that personal connection with students and parents is crucial in teaching children. Let me know what you think and how I could improve on this first draft. I welcome any comments!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Pearson said...

My literacy teaching has come in to use! I noticed that you didn't use capitals in two of your 'i's and I think it's 'P&O' rather than PnO? Other than that, I definitely got what you had hoped to achieve in terms of conveying your personality. You've inspired me to start working on mine!

Liam said...

Ah great thanks Sarah, and thanks for the typo's, I shall sort them out!

Anonymous said...

Really great Professional Profile, it's so much more interesting to read about someone's background and how they got to where they are rather than seeing them as a list of credits. At first I thought it looked a little long, but it is very engaging read, especially the Billy Elliot anecdote, I was finished in seconds. Quite looking forward to Draft 2!

Liam said...

Hi Jessica,

I had the same worry that it could be slightly too long. I think I probably will cut it down a bit for the second draft.

Anonymous said...

Nice biography! I enjoyed reading the personal approach too. and the northern comments made me smile, i'm a Nothern girl from Cheshire also! It's really interesting to hear about which jobs you have been on, and how it lead to teaching. It's true what they say, it's not what you know it's who you know- and you having 'a friend in need' looking for a cover dance teacher has lead you to your new career path.

Post a Comment