Monday 19 September 2011

Dance Notes and Google Docs

I teach an Adult Tap class for intermediate to advanced adults, and last week one of the participants asked me if it would be possible for me to write the routine out in note form to help her remember the steps in-between classes. I assured her that wouldn't be a problem and was thrilled that she was enthusiastic enough to request such a thing! I have just now completed the notes for the routine and thought I would try uploading the document onto my blog via Google Docs for you to take a look at:

Tap Notes

This is mainly to try out using Google Docs as the actual notes will make very little sense to anybody who isn't in the dance class itself, but please feel free to comment on it anyway! Especially dancers/dance teachers; I would love to hear if you think the notes would be helpful from a dance students point of view!!

4 comments:

Sarah Pearson said...

I just had a go using your dance notes. Obvioulsy I'm not sure if I got it right, but I thought the notes were very clear. What music is it to?

Liam said...

Wow! I really didn't think they would make a lot of sense without having actually learnt the routine! It's to Cold Shoulder by Adele. I'm glad you thought they were clear, hopefully my students will too!

Anonymous said...

Awesome notes, think I got there. I have to say I'm a fan of writing up routines so I can remember them. Perhaps put in the counts as well? Though possibly not very important as students will already know them. Certainly using google docs to share notes for routines is food for thought and something I will definitely keep in mind.

Liam said...

I did think about including the counts, but decided against it simply because it starts to get a little crowded and the notes were only ever intended as a memory jogger. I think Google Docs is fantastic. My favourite feature is being able to edit the document very easily without ever having to remove it from public viewing. No more sending out email attachment after email attachment for every little edit!

Post a Comment