Thursday 15 March 2012

Task 4d: Award Title

The factors I considered were:
  • I have trained in dance since the age of 12
  • I have worked as a professional dancer for 3 year
  • I have been teaching freelance classes in a variety of styles for nearly 2 years
  • My aim is to become a full time teacher in the public sector
  • My enquiry is not entirely focused yet, but it's clear that it will be concentrating on dance education within secondary schools.
With all these factors considered, the most appropriate title I can think of is:

BA (Hons) Professional Practice Dance Education

I felt that including the word dance in the title was obvious and a necessity, and the word education bridged over to where I am aiming to get to professionally.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Liam. I think this awards title is perfect. Simple and relevant to your current practice. How are your ideas for inquiry coming along? Are they becoming any clearer?

Ahmet Ahmet said...

Hi Liam, this sounds like a tough task. It seems like it's important to get this one right.

To me that title tells the the story you want it to. Do you have to have the professional practice in it? Is that a silly question?

Paula Nottingham said...

Liam just need to make sure the project has a base in an educational environment and your knowledge and understanding relate to that as a topic. It is something tutors sometimes discuss as length about the award titles.

Michelle Moss said...

Hi Liam, I like your award title, like emily says its clear and simple but i feel dance education is such a huge area could you perhaps state which area of education it is?

Liam said...

Michelle: I did consider this, but as I am not fully decided on what area of education I want to work in I don't feel like I can specify yet. Best to keep my options open!

Paula, thanks, I will make sure it does!

Ahmet: yes it does. Everyones title is "BA(Hons) Professional Practice ....................."

Emily: Slowly but surely my enquiry is coming into focus. How's yours going?

Fione said...

Liam...as far as it is possible to know you and your thoughts and ideas through your blogs and other web-tools, I think the title you have thought of really fits.
Hope you are doing well otherwise..all the best...! ((O;

Sarah Pearson said...

I think this is a good choice of award title, Liam. It is very similar to my chioce too, except I am using 'performing arts' rather than 'dance' to cover both dance and drama.

Post a Comment