Wednesday 10 August 2011

The pre-emptive strike!!


I am not ashamed to admit that I have taken an absurdly long time setting up my blog page. I am sure that anyone reading this will quickly glance over said page and allow themselves a look of sarcastic puzzlement and I don’t blame you. It looks...fine. But I can live with it!
So anyway, you’re reading my first blog. I decided to create my first post more than a month before the BAPP course even begins basically because I’m terrified about the whole thing and thought this would make me feel better...as I’m still writing it, its too soon to tell whether its paid off or not. I’ll let you know at the end. I’m hoping someone else will have jumped the gun as much as I have and will flood my blog with comments re-assuring me that they too feel utterly daunted by the 15 months ahead!
I must admit, I’m raring to go. After 3 years of practical based training and 3 years of practical, physical work, I feel like my once fit and active brain has slowly become a couch potato. I can’t wait to kick the old brain box back into gear!
Well, as there's very little subject to this blog I think I’ll leave it there. If anyone feels as intimidated as I do, drop me a comment! (And this has actually made me feel slightly more relaxed about the impending start date, so I'd recommend it!)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hello Liam, I am feeling the same as you and a bit confused about all of the information we have been given at the moment but hopefully it will all become clear soon! Nice to meet you, I'm Emily!

Liam said...

Hi Emily, nice to meet you too! Yes the amount of information packed into this website is certainly confusing! Will you be attending the induction day on the 15th?

Anonymous said...

Hi Liam,
I'm Jessica! I set my blog up today and can't believe how long it took me to create something that looks so average.... I tried to upload something different but to no avail. I am finding the work load daunting as well, so don't worry, you're not alone on that one.
I also read your most recent comment about teaching. I help run and teach at a local dance school, not quite the same but never mind. It sounds as though the problem lies at the source, if the head of the school can't see the problems or indeed, isn't willing to do anything about it then it doesn't look as though there will be much improvement. You could work extremely hard to get everything together but if you aren't supported then how will it be a success? I wish you luck in trying to sort it out and finding something else. See you on the 15th.

Liam said...

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for the comment! And actually, it IS the same thing; I just completely failed to mention that the school in question was in fact a private dance and drama school! I have subsequently edited my post to make it clear. But anyway, back to the point; you're absolutely right. The problem does indeed lie at the source. The fact is that we have a very old, unmotivated and outdated principal, so you're right, there will be no improvement. I can only hope to be the best possible teacher I can be in the circumstances I am in and try and learn from it!
I shall see you on Thursday!

Post a Comment